Serves 5 (4 tots per serving)
- 1½ cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- 1½ cups roughly chopped broccoli
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower in a large pot of boiling water just until tender, about 4 – 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Once slightly cooled, transfer broccoli and cauliflower to a food processor and pulse just until finely chopped but not paste-like.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add carrot, green onions, cheese, eggs and bread crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 20 balls. Flatten the top and bottom of each ball to create a cylindrical “tot” shape.
- Drizzle the canola oil onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roll each tot in the oil to coat evenly and line up tots in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then flip and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 211 calories, 10 g fat, 10 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 287 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetables, 1 fat