Makes 4 servings (1 taco per serving)
- 1 pound lean ground pork (chicken or turkey would work too.)
- 3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro, fresh
- 2 tbsp grated ginger, fresh
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- 2 cups Coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sliced purple cabbage
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thin slices
- cilantro sprigs
- 4 whole-wheat tortilla shells
- In medium bowl, combine broccoli slaw, purple cabbage, sesame seeds and sesame oil.
- In a frying pan, cook pork over med-high heat with cilantro, hoisin sauce, ginger and hot sauce. Cook until pork is no longer pink.
- Fill tortilla with ½ cup cabbage mixture, ¼ cup pork mixture, and a few slices of bell pepper. Add a sprinkle of green onion and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 322 calories, 11 g fat, 24 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate (29 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 569 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grains and starch, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy