Makes 16 servings (2 nuggets per serving)
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 32 nuggets
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup finely ground high-fibre cereal (e.g. shredded wheat bites)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, cereal, ground flax seed, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg. Dip the chicken into the egg, coating the chicken lightly, and then into the coating mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat for all chicken pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once at 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 59 calories, 1.2 g fat, 7.8 g protein, 4.1 g carbohydrate (3.3 g available carbohydrate), 0.8 g fibre, 71 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 1 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy