Makes 16 servings (2 nuggets per serving)
- 1 lb (454 g) skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 32 nuggets
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup finely ground high-fibre cereal (e.g. shredded wheat bites)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cereal, ground flax seed, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg. Dip the chicken into the egg, coating the chicken lightly, and then into the coating mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat for all chicken pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once at 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 59 calories, 1 g fat, 8 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate (3 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 71 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 protein