Serves 5 (2 medium slices/4 oz pork per serving)
- 1 pork tenderloin (500 g), trimmed
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1½ cups roughly chopped pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine dried thyme, coriander, salt, pepper and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- Rub the spice and vinegar mixture over the pork tenderloin until evenly coated.
- Heat 1½ tsp olive oil in large fry pan over high heat. Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 3 – 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and transfer to an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 145°F, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1½ tsp oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic and cherries. Cook until cherries and shallots are softened, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add thyme, sugar, wine, and remaining 2 tsp balsamic vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, until wine has almost evaporated and sauce is thickened, about 4 – 6 minutes. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Remove pork from oven. Transfer to a cutting board and loosely cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve pork with sauce and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 310 calories, 10 g fat, 33 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate (14 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 226 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 4 proteins