Makes 24 muffins (2 muffins per serving)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt (2%)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup milk (skim or 1%)
- 1½ cups frozen small mixed berries, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a tin of 24 mini muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, maple syrup, yogurt, egg, vanilla, and butter. Mix well.
- In batches, alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the banana mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Gently fold in 1 cup frozen berries.
- Pour batter into the muffin tin and top with the remaining ½ cup frozen berries, dividing equally.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 150 calories, 2 g fat, 4 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 171 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains