Makes 15 servings (1 muffin per serving)
- ⅓ cup dry red lentils
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- Combine the lentils with ⅔ cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine bananas, sugar, applesauce, milk, butter, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mash the cooked lentils and add to bowl, mixing well.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fill the muffin tins ¾ full. Bake for 25 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 216 calories, 4 g fat, 5 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate (38 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 98 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy