Makes 6 servings (3 meatballs and 1/2 cup noodles per serving)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano (or 1 tsp dried), divided
- 3 cloves minced garlic, divided
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 can (398 mL) diced tomatoes
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook cauliflower in a pot of boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Combine beef, egg, basil, 1 tsp oregano and 1 clove of minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Add oats and stir just until combined. Set aside and allow mixture to rest for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the cooked cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped. Add to meatball mixture and mix well.
- Form mixture into 18 meatballs and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until completely cooked, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, remaining 2 cloves garlic, basil, remaining 2 tsp oregano and diced tomatoes in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When meatballs are done, remove from oven and add to saucepan.
- In another pot, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain zucchini well and top with sauce and three meatballs per serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 263 calories, 10 g fat, 25 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 89 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 4 protein, 2 vegetables