Makes 6 servings (3 meatballs and 1/2 cup noodles per serving)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomato
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and strain the cauliflower. Allow the cauliflower to cool.
- Combine beef, egg, 1 tsp. of oregano and basil, and 1 clove of minced garlic in a bowl.
- Sprinkle in oats and allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the cooked cauliflower in a food processor until fine.
- Add to meatball mixture and mix well.
- Form into 18 ball shapes and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, the rest of the garlic, oregano and basil along with the diced tomato into a sauce pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the meatballs are done, remove from oven and add to sauce pot.
- In another pot, bring water to a boil. Add the zucchini and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove zoodles and top with sauce and three meatballs per serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 263 calories, 10 g fat, 25 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 89 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 3 protein, 3 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy