Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 6 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 2 lbs. stewing beef
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- Combine flour with salt and pepper. Toss the beef into the flour mixture being sure to cover all sides of the beef with the mixture.
- Heat oil in pan on medium-high heat and brown the beef.
- Pour the browned beef into a slow cooker along with all of the other ingredients except the peas.
- Allow to cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving add the peas into the slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 307 calories, 14 g fat, 24 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate (16 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 292 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 3 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy