Makes 12 servings (1 muffin per serving)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup large flake oats
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and excess water removed
- 1 cup frozen berries
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine apple sauce, milk, melted butter, eggs and zucchini and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Pour into muffin tin and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 170 calories, 4 g fat, 5 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 118 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy