Makes 12 servings (1 muffin per serving)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup large flake oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup milk (2%)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated zucchini, excess water removed
- 1 cup frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, milk, melted butter, eggs and zucchini and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Pour into a paper-lined muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 170 calories, 4 g fat, 5 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 118 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains