Makes 4 servings (1 patty per serving)
- ¼ cup mushrooms
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup cooked brown lentils
- 2 tsp Maggi seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chipotle chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine black beans, rice, lentils, Maggi seasoning, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Finely chop cooled mushrooms and walnuts and add to black bean mixture. Stir to combine.
- Form mixture into 4 patties. Heat a frypan over medium heat and cook until lightly browned, about 2 - 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 126 calories, 5.5 g fat, 8.7 g protein, 24.8 g carbohydrate (17.4 g available carbohydrate), 7.4 g fibre, 97 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein