Makes 4 servings (1 1/4 cup per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup carrots, diced
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 1 can black beans, no sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots and celery. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, garlic, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, vegetable stock and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until vegetables are soft. Remove from heat.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender, wait until soup is completely cool and blend in portions in a regular blender. Reheat over the stove to serving temperature.
- Dish into individual servings. Garnish with lime juice and cilantro, serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 156 calories, 3.9 g fat, 6.3 g protein, 24.9 g carbohydrate (19.8 g available carbohydrate), 5.1 g fibre, 186 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 0.5 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0.75 fat, 0 dairy