Makes 3 servings (1 1/4 cups per serving)
- 1 can (540 mL) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed (or 1.5 cups cooked black-eyed peas)
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- In a medium bowl, combine black-eyed peas, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, garlic and dill. Pour marinade over salad and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy immediately, or refrigerate overnight.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 193 calories, 8 g protein, 8 g fat, 25 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate) 7 g fibre, 20 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetables, 1 fat