Makes 6 servings (2 thighs per serving)
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless chicken thighs, skinless
- 1 Tbsp. dried herbs de Provence
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup fresh blood orange juice (or regular orange juice)
- ½ cup white wine (or low-sodium chicken stock)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. blood orange zest
- 3 small blood oranges, sliced (or regular navel oranges)
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and herbs de Provence.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over high heat and brown chicken thighs on both sides. Reduce heat, letting chicken thighs continue to cook.
- In a separate pan over medium-high heat, add blood orange juice, white wine and honey. Simmer the mixture until it starts to reduce.
- Remove some of the juices cooking from the chicken and into a small bowl. Add cornstarch and mix well. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the reducing glaze and stir.
- Pour the glaze through a strainer over the chicken. Continue to cook together until chicken thighs are cooked through. Add in orange zest for freshness.
- Remove from heat and divide into 6 individual servings, topping with zest. Enjoy with fresh orange slices on the side.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 263 calories, 9.6 g fat, 23.4 g protein, 14.7 g carbohydrates, (13.1 g available carbohydrate) 1.6 g fiber, 100 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 3 protein, 0 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy