Makes 6 servings (2 thighs per serving)
- 1½ lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried herbes de Provence
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup fresh blood orange juice (or regular orange juice)
- ½ cup white wine (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp blood orange zest
- 3 small blood oranges, sliced (or navel oranges)
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over high heat and cook chicken thighs until browned on both sides, about 3 – 4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking chicken.
- Add blood orange juice, white wine and honey to a small sauce pot. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture has reduced and thickened slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Remove some of the juices cooking from the chicken and into a small bowl. Add cornstarch and mix well. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the reducing glaze and stir.
- Pour the glaze through a strainer over the chicken and add ½ tsp orange zest. Continue to cook until chicken thighs are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and top with remaining ½ tsp orange zest. Serve with fresh orange slices on the side. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 263 calories, 10 g fat, 23 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, (13 g available carbohydrate) 2 g fiber, 100 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 proteins, 1 fruit, 1 fat