Makes 8 servings (1 1/2 cup per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup onion, fine chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 ½ cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 ½ cup beets, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can tomato paste
- 9 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. dill
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Greek yogurt for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add onions, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and garlic, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, bay leaf, tomato paste, stock, potato and beets.
- Bring up to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add a dollop of Greek yogurt for garnish.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 141 calories, 2 g fat, 6 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate (20 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 257 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 0 protein, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy