Makes 8 servings (1/2 a sweet potato per serving)
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese (< 20% M.F.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Nutritional analysis per serving: 200 calories, 9.6 g fat, 9 g protein, 21.5 g carbohydrate (17.3 g available carbohydrate), 4.3 g fibre, 199 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork, rub with olive oil and bake until fully cooked, about 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, steam the broccoli until just cooked.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, cut in half length-wise and scoop out the flesh leaving a ¼ inch thick shell.
- Mix together the potato flesh, cooked broccoli, feta, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Return to potato shells.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!