Broccoli and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potato
Makes 8 servings (1/2 sweet potato per serving)
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese (<20% M.F.)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and brush evenly with olive oil. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli just until tender crisp, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh leaving a ¼ inch thick shell.
- In a medium bowl combine potato flesh, broccoli, feta, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to potato shells.
- Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 200 calories, 10 g fat, 9 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate (17 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 199 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 fat