Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 6 servings ( 2 cups per serving)
- 1 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. fennel seed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ Tbsp. parsley
- ½ Tbsp. oregano
- 8 cups vegetable stock, no salt added
- ½ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
Nutritional analysis per serving: 117 calories, 1.1 g fat, 4.18 g protein, 24.5 g carbohydrate (19.7 g available carbohydrate), 4.8 g fibre, 417 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 0 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy
- Combine all ingredients except the Greek yogurt in a slow cooker. Mix to combine. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender. Note: If you blend the soup in a blender, make sure the soup has cooled and is not hot! Do not attempt to blend hot soup in a blender.
- Once the soup has reached a smooth consistency, stir in the Greek yogurt. Reheat if necessary over low heat.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!