Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 6 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 1 cup roughly chopped onion
- 1 cup roughly chopped carrot
- 1 cup roughly chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp parsley
- ½ tbsp oregano
- 8 cups no-salt-added vegetable broth
- ½ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Add all ingredients except Greek yogurt to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Purée soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Alternatively, you may use a blender to purée the soup. Note: Allow soup to cool before blending! Do not attempt to blend hot soup in a blender.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt. Reheat if necessary over low heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 117 calories, 1 g fat, 4 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate (20 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 417 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 vegetable