Makes 4 servings (3 tbsp per serving)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a fry pan over low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until caramelized, about 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, combine caramelized onions, yogurt, green onion, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Serve over fish, chicken, or pork. It can also be served chilled as a veggie dip.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 62 calories, 4 g fat, 3 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate (4 g available carbohydrate), 0 g fibre, 157 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 fat