Cauliflower and Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Makes 6 servings (1¼ cups per serving)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups cauliflower, riced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup fresh chopped mint
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower and cook until the moisture is evaporated and cauliflower is tender crisp. *Do not overcook.
- Transfer cauliflower to a baking sheet or large plate and refrigerate to cool quickly.
- In a large bowl combine cooled cauliflower, quinoa, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, green onion, mint and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Mix well.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 161 calories, 7 g fat, 5 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate (17 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 69 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 3 vegetables, 1 fat