Makes 6 servings (1 ¼ cup per serving)
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 4 cups cauliflower, riced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan.
- Add cauliflower and cook until the cauliflower starts to release some moisture and crisp up. *Don’t overcook the cauliflower, we want it el dente and not too soft.
- Once cooked, place onto a baking sheet and put into the fridge to help cool quickly.
- Once cooled, combine all of the vegetables, herbs and quinoa in a bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad and mix well.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 161 calories, 7 g fat, 5 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate (17 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 69 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grains and starch, 0 proteins, 3 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy