Makes 4 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, divided
- 1 full head cauliflower (4 cups), chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups white onion, diced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, to garnish
Nutritional analysis per serving: 140 calories, 7.3 g fat, 4.1 g protein, 16.2 g carbohydrate (12.1 g available carbohydrate), 4.1 g fibre, 172 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 0 protein, 4 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy
- In a small saucepan, pour in vegetable stock and add one sprig of rosemary. Allow to simmer while preparing the rest of the meal.
- In the meantime, use a food processor to pulse the chopped cauliflower into smaller rice-sized pieces.
- In a large saucepan, allow olive oil to heat up over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper. Allow the onions to soften and become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, mushrooms and garlic. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed, add the frozen peas and let them warm for 1 minute.
- Add Parmesan cheese for a garnish. Serve and enjoy!