Makes 4 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped cauliflower
- ¾ cup sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (2%)
- 1¼ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, cauliflower and sweet potato. Cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth and milk. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are very soft, about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Use an immersion blender to purée until smooth. Alternatively, purée in batches in a blender.
- Return mixture to heat on low.
- Add cheese and nutritional yeast. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve over pasta or veggies and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 227 calories, 9 g fat, 14 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 285 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins, 1 fat