Makes 4 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup cauliflower, chopped
- ¾ cup sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- Heat oil in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, cauliflower and sweet potato. Stir until warm throughout.
- Add stock and milk. Allow to simmer until vegetables are very soft.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth in a blender or immersion blender.
- Return mixture to heat on low.
- Stir in the cheese and nutritional yeast. Mix until cheese is melted.
- Serve over pasta or veggies and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 182 calories, 9 g fat, 9 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate (15 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 278 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy