Makes 5 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 long eggplant
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1½ tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet. Add ground chicken. Brown meat, breaking up with spatula, stirring every minute or so. Remove from heat when chicken is cooked through.
- While meat is cooking, chop eggplant, zucchini and red bell pepper into small, evenly sized pieces.
- In a separate pan or wok, heat remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped vegetables and sauté, stirring occasionally. Add 1-2 tablespoons water if vegetables begin browning too much. Cook until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Add the browned chicken meat and honey to the sauteed vegetables. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, water, and cornstarch. Add to pan and cook until sauce has thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add green onions, reserving a small amount for garnish.
- Portion into five servings and garnish with remaining green onions. Enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: make ahead and freeze for up to 3 months. To re-heat, thaw to room temperature, then microwave until hot.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 254 calories, 8 g fat, 25 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate (15 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fiber, 395 mg sodium.
My Viva Plan® Servings: 3 proteins, 3 vegetables, 1 fat