Makes 4 servings (¾ cup per serving)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- In a large wok or fry pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coleslaw mix and carrots and cook until cabbage is soft, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, green onions, soy sauce, vinegar and rice. Cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Using a spatula, push rice and vegetables into a ring around the edge of the pan, leaving space in the center. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until eggs are lightly scrambled, about 2 minutes.
- Stir rice and vegetables into eggs until evenly combined.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 256 calories, 3 g fat, 21 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate (29 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 373 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grain, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat