Makes 5 servings (½ cup per serving)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ½ lb. (225 g) cooked chorizo sausage, sliced (see note)
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Use Spanish-style cured chorizo sausage which is a fully cooked product.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 349 calories, 21 g fat, 16 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate (19 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fiber, 816 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins, 2 fats