Makes 5 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ lb. chorizo sausage, sliced into medallions
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and sauté onion and bell pepper until tender and onion is translucent.
- Add sliced chorizo and cook, stirring frequently to release the flavors, for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas and sauté until the sausage is cooked through (~5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 349 calories, 21.1 g fat, 15.6 g protein, 23.8 g carbohydrate (19.1 g available carbohydrate), 4.7 g fiber, 816 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 2 fat, 0 dairy