Makes 22 servings (¼ cup per serving)
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (pecans, almonds or any nuts of your choice)
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- Combine oats, chopped nuts, coconut and flax seed in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients (honey, cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt).
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and stir until coated. Spread evenly in prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely in pans on racks, stirring occasionally.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 118 calories, 4.4 g fat, 2.7 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate (16.5 g available carbohydrate), 2.5 g fibre, 53 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 fat