Makes 22 servings (¼ cup per serving)
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (pecans, almonds or any nuts of your choice)
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with non-stick foil.
- Combine oats, chopped nuts, coconut and flaxseed in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients (honey, cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt).
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and stir until coated. Spread evenly in prepared pans.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until browned. Cool completely in pans on racks, stirring occasionally.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 118 calories, 4.4 g fat, 2.7 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate (16.5 g available carbohydrate), 2.5 g fibre, 53 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy