Makes 4 servings (1/2 fish fillet, 1 head bok choy, 1/2 cup vegetables, 1/2 cup sauce per serving)
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. honey or coconut syrup
- 2 (8 oz.) cod fillets, cut in half
- 4 heads baby bok choy, rinsed and cut in half
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, diced, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a high-rimmed pan over medium heat, add coconut milk, vegetable stock, lime juice, curry powder, canola oil, ginger, garlic, and honey. Turn heat to low and simmer for two minutes. Add cod and cook covered for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- While fish cooks, place bok choy, bell pepper and zucchini in a pan with ½ cup of water and cook, covered, for 6 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Divide steamed vegetables and coconut curry sauce among four plates.
- Place a piece of fish on each plate. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onion. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 333 calories, 10.4 g fat, 32.2 g protein, 33.2 g carbohydrate (21.9 g available carbohydrate), 11.3 g fibre, 689 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 4 protein, 4 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy