Makes 6 servings (1 3/4 cup per serving)
- 32 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dried yellow lentils, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 4 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced thinly
- 4 stalks celery, quartered lengthwise, and sliced thinly
- 4 cups cooked diced chicken (leftover, rotisserie, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine chicken broth and lentils in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until lentils are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Puree cooled lentils in a blender or food processor until smooth (you may need to work in batches).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until hot. Add onion, carrots, and celery and sauté until softened. Add lentil puree, chicken, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Continue to stir over medium heat until heated through, and then pour into a serving dish and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: portion into individual servings and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat: thaw, and then microwave, or heat in a pot on the stove.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 334 calories, 9 g fat, 32.4 g protein, 31.9 g carbohydrate (27.3 g available carbohydrate), 4.6 g fibre, 600 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 4 protein, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy