Curried Corn and Kohlrabi Fritters
Makes 4 servings (2 fritters per serving)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups peeled and grated kohlrabi
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed
- 3 tbsp sliced leeks
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp canola oil
Cilantro Yogurt Dip:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (2%)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place cooked quinoa and eggs into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place grated kohlrabi into a clean dish cloth and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Add kohlrabi, corn, leeks, curry powder, flour and salt to quinoa mixture and stir to combine. Divide batter into 8 equal portions.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add batter to pan and form into patty shapes.
- Cook the fritters until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the Cilantro Yogurt Dip in a food processor and blend until mixed well.
- Serve warm fritters with a dollop of dip per serving. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 177 calories, 5 g fat, 11 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate (20 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 356 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 1 vegetable