Makes 4 servings (2 fritters per serving)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups kohlrabi, peeled
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. leeks, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
Cilantro Yogurt Dip:
- ½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Place cooked quinoa and eggs into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Take the peeled kohlrabi and grate with a box grater. Put the grated kohlrabi into a dish cloth and wring out the excess liquid.
- Combine the quinoa egg mixture and kohlrabi with the remaining fritter ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Split the batter into 8 equal parts.
- Heat a fry pan with a splash of oil on medium heat. Put the batter onto the pan and form into a patty shape.
- Cook the fritters on each side until browned (approximately 5 minutes each side).
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the Cilantro Yogurt Dip in a food processor and blend until mixed well.
- Plate two warm fritters with a dollop of dip per person and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 177 calories, 4.8 g fat, 10.6 g protein, 25.8 g carbohydrate (19.4 g available carbohydrate), 6.4 g fibre, 356 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy