Makes 25 servings (1 cookie per serving)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine all dry ingredients, except brown sugar and chocolate chips, in a bowl and mix well.
- In another large bowl, mash the banana and mix in all of the wet ingredients along with the brown sugar. Stir until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 ½ Tbsp worth of dough onto baking sheet and form into a cookie shape. Repeat for the rest of the batter, being sure to leave space between each cookie for growth.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 71 calories,13 g carbohydrates (11 g available carbohydrates), 2 g fat, 2 g protein, 2 g fibre
My Viva Servings: Treats are just as the name suggests; they are a treat for you and meant to be enjoyed mindfully. We want most of your calories to come from nutrient-dense foods that nourish and support your body. Treats can be added in addition to your meal plan for the enjoyment and balance of life.