Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 25 servings (1 cookie per serving)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana (very ripe)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mash the banana. Add melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1½ tbsp dough onto baking sheet and form into a cookie shape. Repeat with the rest of the dough, leaving about 2 inches between each dough ball.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 71 calories,13 g carbohydrates (11 g available carbohydrates), 2 g fat, 2 g protein, 2 g fibre
My Viva Servings: Treats are just as the name suggests; they are a treat for you and meant to be enjoyed mindfully. We want most of your calories to come from nutrient-dense foods that nourish and support your body. Treats can be added in addition to your meal plan for the enjoyment and balance of life.