Edamame and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
Makes 4 servings (2 filled halves per serving)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups shelled edamame beans
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked wild rice blend
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 4 bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a medium frypan over medium heat. Sauté edamame beans and corn until starting to soften, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl. Add cooked wild rice blend, curry powder, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Fill each half with bean and rice mixture and place on a baking sheet. Bake until peppers are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 145 calories, 7 g fat, 9 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate (22 g available carbohydrate), 8 g fibre, 49 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetables, 1 fat