Serves 4 (1 taco per serving)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ jalapeno pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ lb. firm-fleshed white fish fillets, such as cod or sole, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 whole wheat tortilla shells (6 inch)
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- To make the marinade, combine lime juice, 1 tbsp canola oil, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl or large Ziploc bag. Add fish to marinade and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat 1 tsp canola oil in a medium fry pan over medium heat. Remove fish from marinade and cook until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 5-10 minutes. Discard remaining marinade.
- Divide fish equally between tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- Serve with your favourite toppings. Or top with Cilantro Lime Coleslaw and Pineapple Avocado Salsa. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 166 calories, 5 g fat, 13 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate (16 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 333 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins