Makes 3 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 1 (350 g) block firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. walnut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 3-4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups brown basmati rice, cooked and warm
- Cube tofu and toss with soy sauce and five-spice powder.
- Steam chopped bok choy until tender. While bok choy is steaming, heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
- Add tofu to pan and brown on all sides, turning every 30-60 seconds. When tofu is heated through, add in ginger. Let flavors combine for about 1 minute.
- Add steamed bok choy and green onions to pan. Toss to combine. Heat through for another minute or so.
- Portion into three even servings over half a cup of cooked rice. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 290 calories, 12.7 g fat, 16.5 g protein, 32.1 g carbohydrate (28.8 g available carbohydrate), 3.3 g fibre, 373 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 protein, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy