Makes 4 servings (2 pieces per serving)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
Apple Blueberry Compote
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- ½ cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Whisk together egg whites, egg, milk, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter in a pan on medium-high heat. If you can’t fit all of the bread slices in the pan, start with half the butter for the first 4 slices.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, being sure to cover both sides.
- Place the bread into the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to serving plates.
Apple Blueberry Compote:
- Meanwhile, combine apples and orange juice in a pot on medium heat and simmer until apples are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add blueberries and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle finished compote over the French toast and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 232 calories, 6 g fat, 12 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate (29 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 342 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 2 grains and starch, 1 protein, 0 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy