Makes 4 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 cup milk (2%)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Boil peeled potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside in a large bowl, covering with a lid to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add garlic and kale. Cook over medium heat until kale is wilted, about 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash potatoes and gradually incorporate milk. Do not over mash.
- Add goat cheese and sauteed kale, stirring just until combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 444 calories, 16 g fat, 17 g protein, 58 g carbohydrate (52 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 241 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 3 grains, 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 2 fats