Makes 10 servings (1 pancake per serving)
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup 1% milk
Optional: Top with vanilla Greek yogurt, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, cloves and nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together brown sugar, molasses, maple syrup, eggs, oil, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't over mix; there should still be a few lumps throughout.
- Lightly grease the preheated griddle. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto griddle. Cook 1-2 minutes until edges begin to look "dry" and bubbles form in the batter. Use a thin spatula to flip the pancake and allow to cook another few minutes until the second side is lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter. Note: you may need to turn down heat as progressing through pancake batter.
- Top with dollop of Greek yogurt, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon to serve!
Nutritional analysis per serving (without toppings): 132 calories, 4 g fat, 4 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 134 mg sodium
My Viva Servings (without toppings): 1 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy