Makes 6 servings (4 oz. pork + 1/3 cup salsa per serving)
- 2 lb. pork loin
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- ¼ minced red onion
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- ½ jalapeno pepper, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season pork loin with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Sear pork loin until browned on all sides, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork to a shallow roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to prepare glaze, whisk together all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. To prepare salsa, add all salsa ingredients to a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Remove pork from oven and brush with half of the glaze. Return pork to oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with remaining glaze. Return to oven and bake until meat thermometer inserted into the middle of the pork reaches 145°F, about 20 more minutes.
- Remove pork from the oven, loosely tent with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. The internal temperature will continue to rise as it sits. The final internal temperature should reach 155°F.
- Slice pork and top with mango salsa. Serve and enjoy!
Note: If pork begins browning too quickly after glazing, cover the pan loosely with foil for remainder of cooking time.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 271 calories, 5 g fat, 32 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate (25 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 400 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 4 proteins, 2 fruit