Makes 4 servings (2 chicken skewers, 1 cup salad, 1/2 cup potatoes, 2 tbsp tzatziki per serving)
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 4 bamboo skewers (10 – 12 inch)
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, oregano, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in warm water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- While the potatoes are still hot, add lemon juice, butter, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and rosemary and toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to one half of a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread chicken onto skewers and set aside.
- Place chicken skewers onto other half of baking sheet. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 20 more minutes.
- To prepare Greek salad, combine tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion, olives, olive oil, vinegar, feta cheese and oregano in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- To prepare Tzatziki, add cucumber, onion, yogurt, lemon juice and dill to a blender. Purée until almost smooth. Alternatively, ingredients may be whisked together in a small bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: Marinated chicken may be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 537 calories, 17 g fat, 42 g protein, 56 g carbohydrate (48 g available carbohydrate), 8 g fibre, 366 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 3 grains, 5 proteins, 3 vegetables, 1 fat