- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red, yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 medium red onion, chunked
- 12 olives (jumbo, black or Kalamata)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, cow or goats milk, crumbled (can omit/replace cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano, ground, dried, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa as per instructions on the box and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables and olives. Mix in quinoa.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top of vegetables.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and oregano in a small plastic container with a lid. Shake vigorously to combine oil and vinegar and pour over salad and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and let the salad marinate in refrigerator until ready to serve.
To make this a meal add grilled chicken breast or chickpeas.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 351 calories, 12 g fat, 9 g protein, 34 g carbohydrates, 6g fibre and 361 mg sodium
My Viva Plan servings: 1 proteins, 2 fat, 1 grains and starches, 3 vegetables, 0 fruit, 0 dairy