Makes 4 servings (1/2 flatbread per serving)
- 1 large eggplant, trimmed and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 ½ Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint, divided
- 2 (10 inch) whole wheat flatbreads
- Brush eggplant slices with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle the slices with salt and pepper and grill, turning often, until tender; about 8 minutes. Let cool and chop coarsely.
- Combine the chopped eggplant with tomatoes, feta cheese, mint and the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place prepared whole wheat flatbread on the cooler side of the grill to heat through. Distribute half of the eggplant mixture on the crusts after turning.
- Cover the grill and cook, rotating the pizzas once or twice until the toppings are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the grill. Each pizza will serve about 2 people. Enjoy with a side salad!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 192 calories, 6.6 g fat, 7.9 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate (17.4 g available carbohydrate) 8.6 g fibre, 417 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy