Makes 4 servings (1/2 flatbread per serving)
- 1 large eggplant, trimmed and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 whole wheat flatbreads (10 inch)
- Preheat BBQ to medium heat (about 400°F). Keep one half of the grill on low heat.
- Brush eggplant slices with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill, turning often, until tender; about 8 minutes. Let cool and chop coarsely.
- Combine the chopped eggplant with tomatoes, cheese, mint and the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flatbread on the cooler side of the grill. Cook just until heated through and grill marked, about 2 minutes. Flip flatbreads over and distribute half of the eggplant mixture on each of the crusts.
- Cover the BBQ and cook, rotating the flatbreads once or twice until the toppings are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the flatbreads from the grill. Each one will serve about 2 people. Enjoy with a side salad.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 192 calories, 7 g fat, 8 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate (17 g available carbohydrate) 9 g fibre, 417 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetable, 1 fat