Makes 20 scones (1 scone per serving)
- 3 cups chickpea flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. Greek seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Combine chickpea flour, baking powder, herbs and salt into a bowl.
- Cut up butter and mix into dry mixture with a pastry blender until the butter pieces are pea-sized.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and egg. Slowly add milk and egg mixture to flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Flour table and dump dough onto counter. Knead 12 times.
- Roll out dough with rolling pin to 1 inch thickness. Cut into 20 squares.
- Place straight onto lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 122 calories, 8 g fat, 4 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate (8 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 120 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grains and starch, 1 proteins, 0 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy