Herb Chickpea Scones
Makes 20 scones (1 scone per serving)
- 3 cups chickpea flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Greek seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, baking powder, Greek seasoning and salt.
- Add butter and mix with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly and pieces of butter are pea-sized.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead 10 – 12 times.
- Roll dough with rolling pin or pat with hands until dough is 1 inch thick. Cut into 20 squares.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 122 calories, 8 g fat, 4 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate (8 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 120 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 1 fat