Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 4 servings (1 tilapia fillet per serving)
- 4 tilapia filets fresh or frozen, then thawed
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10 oz.) can mandarin oranges, canned in water, drained
Nutrition analysis per serving: 162 calories, 22.5 g protein, 2.4 g fat, 13.7 g carbohydrate (12.6 g available carbohydrate), 1.1 g fibre, 50 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 3 protein, 0 vegetable, 1 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy
- Tear off 4 pieces of tin foil, large enough to wrap around fish fillets.
- Place filets in the center of each piece of foil.
- Drizzle each filet with balsamic vinegar and honey. Divide the can of mandarin oranges amongst the filets.
- Fold over foil and crimp the edges to form a packet.
- Put the packets in the slow cooker and arrange to fit in the bottom of liner. Note: you can have all the filets in one tin foil packet if that fits better in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for two hours or until tilapia flakes with a fork. Serve and enjoy!