Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice
Serves 6 (1½ cups per serving)
- 1½ cups brown rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1¾ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1½ cups diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add rice and chicken to Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add chicken broth. Close lid and secure in place to the sealed position. Ensure steam valve is set to “sealing” position.
- Using the “Manual” setting, cook at high pressure for 22 minutes. Once finished, press “off” button to turn off Instant Pot.
- Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. If pressure has not completely released, follow with a quick pressure release by turning the steam valve to the “venting” position.
- Carefully remove the lid. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and dice or shred the meat. Fluff rice with a fork. Add diced chicken back to pot.
- Add cucumber, peppers, onion, tomatoes, cheese, lemon juice, vinegar and oil. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 385 calories, 13 g fat, 23 g protein, 46 g carbohydrate (42 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 477 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables