Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 6 servings (1 1/4 cup per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Garnish each serving with ½ cup of fresh chopped tomatoes and fresh cilantro
- Preheat small skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden brown (5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add cauliflower and green pepper. Cook for another few moments before transferring mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add coconut milk, tomato paste, hot water, lentils, turmeric, curry powder, cumin and salt. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for at least 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Serve hot, topped with tomatoes and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: Evenly portion into 6 meals and refrigerate for 5-7 days. Or freeze up to 3 months. To re-heat, simply thaw and then microwave until hot.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 357 calories, 6.9 g fat, 18.8 g protein, 56.1 g carbohydrate (44.9 g available carbohydrate), 11.2 g fibre, 152 mg sodium.
My Plan Viva Servings: 2 grain, 2 protein, 3 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy