Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 6 servings (1¼ cups per serving)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ cups chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (400 mL) light coconut milk
- 1 can (156 mL) tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups dried green lentils, rinsed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a medium fry pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and green pepper. Cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add coconut milk, tomato paste, water, lentils, turmeric, curry powder, cumin and salt. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for at least 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving. Enjoy.
*Meal prep tip: Divide into 6 portions and refrigerate for 3 – 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw portions in the refrigerator overnight then heat in the microwave.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 357 calories, 7 g fat, 19 g protein, 56 g carbohydrate (45 g available carbohydrate), 11 g fibre, 152 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 2 proteins, 3 vegetables, 1 fat