Makes 4 servings (1 taco per serving)
- 1 cup dried green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups reduced sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup mixed greens
- Lettuce and cilantro for garnish
- Combine lentils and stock in a medium pot and cook until lentils are tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika and cooked lentils, along with any excess cooking liquid that may remain in the lentils (if there is no excess cooking liquid, add 2 tbsp water or broth).
- Cook until vegetables have softened and mixture is fragrant.
- Fill each tortilla with lentil mixture, dividing evenly. Garnish with lettuce and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: make lentil filling ahead of time and freeze for up to three months.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 356 calories, 6 g fat, 22 g protein, 66 g carbohydrate (46 g available carbohydrate), 20 g fibre, 483 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 3 grains, 2 proteins, 1 vegetable