Makes 4 servings (1 taco per serving)
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups low-sodium stock
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup greens mix
- Lettuce and cilantro for garnish
- Combine lentils and stock into a pot and cook until lentils are soft.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft, approximately 7 minutes.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika and cooked lentils, along with any excess cooking liquid that may remain in the lentils (if there is no excess cooking liquid, add 2 Tbsp. water).
- Cook until well mixed and fragrant.
- Divide into 4 portions* and pour into tortillas, garnish with lettuce and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: make lentil filling ahead of time and freeze for up to three months.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 356 calories, 6 g fat, 22 g protein, 66 g carbohydrate (46 g available carbohydrate), 20 g fibre, 483 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 grain, 2 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy