Makes 4 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, whole
- 4 stocks of celery, medium diced
- 1 lb. carrots, medium diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Optional: Garnish with plain Greek yogurt and cilantro.
- Simply combine all prepared ingredients in a slow cooker or crock-pot and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours until carrots are soft and chicken is cooked through. When finished, shred chicken with two forks into soup evenly.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (without garnish): 217 calories, 1.7 g fat, 29.5 g protein, 20.0 g carbohydrate (13.9 g available carbohydrate), 5.1 g fibre, 602 mg sodium
My Viva Servings (without garnish): 0 grain, 3 protein, 3 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy