Mexican Chicken Soup
Makes 4 servings (1½ cups per serving)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb. carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional: Garnish with plain Greek yogurt and cilantro
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on low heat setting until carrots are soft and chicken is cooked through, about 5 – 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro and plain Greek yogurt. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (without garnish): 217 calories, 2 g fat, 30 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate (15 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 602 mg sodium
My Viva Servings (without garnish): 3 proteins, 3 vegetables