Makes 4 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 can (15 fl. oz.) diced tomato, no salt added
- 1 can (15 fl. oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable stock, no salt added
- In a large pot, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, green beans, oregano, basil, pepper and salt. Stir and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and kale, allowing to wilt slightly. Pour in diced tomatoes with juices and kidney beans. Bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetable stock and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 208 calories, 3 g fat, 11 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate (25 g available carbohydrate), 9 g fibre, 203 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy