Makes 4 servings (1½ cups per serving)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh torn kale
- 1 can (398 mL) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, green beans, oregano, pepper and salt. Cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and kale, allowing to wilt slightly. Add diced tomatoes (undrained), kidney beans and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 208 calories, 3 g fat, 11 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate (25 g available carbohydrate), 9 g fibre, 203 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetables