Makes 10 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate
- 1 can (398 mL) whole plum tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in large pot on high heat.
- Add onions and cook until starting to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic, chili powder, ancho chili powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Cook for two minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve over turkey enchiladas, or over your favourite protein and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 103 calories, 6 g fat, 3 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate (7 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 138 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 vegetable, 1 fat