Makes 6 servings (1 ramekin per serving)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup high quality dark chocolate + 1 tsp. dark chocolate, as whole chunk (not chopped)
- ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- powdered sugar to garnish (optional)
- Combine butter and chocolate in a glass bowl and put the bowl over a pot of simmering water until chocolate is almost fully melted.
- In a second bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt).
- In a third bowl, combine sugar, eggs, banana and vanilla and beat until frothy, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and continue to beat. Gently fold in flour mixture. Pour into 6 greased ramekins.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the reserve chocolate into the centre of the batter in each ramekin, so that the chocolate is fully immersed in the batter.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and allow the cakes to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before baking. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the ramekin and sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional). Serve right away and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 351 calories, 15 g fat, 9 g protein, 53 g carbohydrate (47 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 266 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: Treats are just as the name suggests; they are a treat for you and meant to be enjoyed mindfully. We want most of your calories to come from nutrient-dense foods that nourish and support your body. Treats can be added in addition to your meal plan for the enjoyment and balance of life.