Makes 4 servings ( 1 chicken breast and 1 cup vegetables per serving)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- Combine chicken, 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. olive oil, oregano, basil, pepper and garlic into a large Ziploc bag. Mix and set aside to marinate for 4 hours in the fridge or 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine all vegetables into a bowl, along with remaining balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle some salt over the veggies and toss until well coated in balsamic vinegar and olive oil mixture.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the chicken along the backside of the sheet pan (the side of the sheet pan that will be nearest to the back of the oven).
- Pour the vegetables onto the front half of the sheet pan. Spread the vegetables out to ensure they are not on top of each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 339 calories, 7 g fat, 38 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate (23 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 195 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 5 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy