Pad Thai Spaghetti Squash
Makes 4 servings (2½ cups per serving)
- 2 spaghetti squash (4½ lb. total; should yield about 8 cups cooked squash)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- ½ red chili pepper, minced
- 1½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Halve squash and remove seeds. Bake, cut side down, until tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. Using a fork, shred strands from squash into a bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add bok choy, carrots and chili pepper and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and peanut butter and stir to combine. If needed, add water to sauce to adjust consistency. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and vegetable mixture to shredded spaghetti squash and stir to combine. Top with sliced green onion and chopped peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 385 calories, 16 g fat, 24 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 34 g protein, 500 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 4 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat