Makes 8 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt, add more or less to taste
- ½ tsp. pepper, add more or less to taste
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper or paprika
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 4 large skinless chicken breast, diced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 5 Tbsp. creamy natural peanut butter, divided
- In a large stew pot over medium heat, cook onions with coconut oil until browned. Add garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir, adding bell peppers and diced chicken.
- Once the chicken is browned, add the tomatoes and mash them with your stirring spoon or spatula. Add water and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of the peanut butter to the pot, lower heat, and continue let to simmer.
- In a separate pan, cook the spinach. If using fresh spinach, wash the leaves, add about 2 Tbsp. of water to a saucepan with the spinach and heat over medium-low heat until spinach leaves are limp and tender. If using frozen spinach, cook according to package directions.
- Add remaining 3 Tbsp. of peanut butter to the spinach and heat for 5 minutes. Serve the stew topped with a scoop of the peanut-spinach greens.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 270 calories, 10.3 g fat, 33.4 g protein, 11.4 g carbohydrate (7.9 g available carbohydrate), 3.5 g fibre, 287 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 4 protein, 3 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy